DEDICATION

Dedication:  This book is specially dedicated to all parents, especially those who spend time and resources to raise up those who are not their biological children. It is also a contribution to the work of all those who raise awareness to fight against all forms of abuse, killings and human trafficking.

My Story

I am on the same pedestal as my ancestors, asking myself how I can get out of the entanglement of slavery, and break free from the forces working against the realization of my dreams. How can I break free from the bondage and conspiracy of being a Nigerian, an African child and the limitations hovering over the whole black race and its leadership styles?

I grew up in the eastern region of Nigeria, where today there is a culture that the present youth are trying to break away from. It is the culture of a widow being married to the relative of the defunct, and sharing the children among relatives and uncles as a means of assisting the helpless widow.

The relatives who take them in often say they do so as an act of charity to the widow, with the promise of raising them well as their own children. Unfortunately many of these children end being subjected to different kinds of abuse and inhuman treatment. Only a few end up in the hands of good guardians.


No comments:

Post a Comment

NKEM THE VICTRIOUS ONE